Archive for December, 2010
We-ell! Looking back on last week’s tactic, it kinda worked, I’m only a day late with my blog and that’s due to a trip to Ikea so I’m sure past Dave will forgive me (Present Dave).
So the last week involved…
- Getting Komplete 7 from Native Instruments
- Collating and Submitting the Boyinaband Album to iTunes (It’s on Amazon now!)
- Mine and Rachie’s Pre-Xmas Xmas!
- Decided to add a new tutorial submission system to the biab site and started getting a development team together!
My life is Komplete!
I have often looked at interviews online with artists who use software from the Native Instruments library, including some of the guys I’ve been interviewing lately. I thought I should try getting my hands on Komplete 7 (a collection of their best software) so I could give it a look and review it for boyinaband. Asking the guys at NI resulted in the, uh.. result that Read more
This has been quite a quiet, yet busy week. I think everyone’s exhausted already from the run up to a certain upcoming festivity.
- An EPIC journey to Kent and back for a YAWA show supporting Chase & Status
- Lots of Metal Production research
- Boyinaband brainstorming
- Reading more than I have in a long time
The trek to kent was supposed to take 5 hours. It took 10. It was probably the longest trek (after the T in the Park one) that YAWA had ever endured.
The gig itself, however, was Read more
Yo yo yo!
So some things happened and some things didn’t (Excessive snow made the trip to see Hadouken in York impossible – boo!) but what did happen shall be revealed in an entirely expected list.
- Kettering YAWA gig
- Releasing the first 7 day spotlight (on Shirobon!)
- Some heavy synth research
- Getting more mixes through for the rock sound YAWA CD cover mount
I always enjoy Kettering shows, they have this weird homely feel to them that I don’t feel at other venues. Except maybe Daventry. Anyway, it was a fun show with lots of Read more
So the tour’s over and normal life has resumed… kinda. So what is there to catch up on?
- Day 13: Day Off
- Day 14: Sheffield
- Day 15: London
Aprés la tour…
- A Cold Blur
- Hearing the first Rock Sound CD mixes for YAWA
- A Snowy Birmingham Gig
- Considerable Rachie time
- Playing a good friend’s birthday party
Day 13: Day Off
Getting stuff together, attempting vainly to maintain a Read more