This has been quite a quiet, yet busy week. I think everyone’s exhausted already from the run up to a certain upcoming festivity.
- An EPIC journey to Kent and back for a YAWA show supporting Chase & Status
- Lots of Metal Production research
- Boyinaband brainstorming
- Reading more than I have in a long time
The trek to kent was supposed to take 5 hours. It took 10. It was probably the longest trek (after the T in the Park one) that YAWA had ever endured.
The gig itself, however, was Read more
Yo yo yo!
So some things happened and some things didn’t (Excessive snow made the trip to see Hadouken in York impossible – boo!) but what did happen shall be revealed in an entirely expected list.
- Kettering YAWA gig
- Releasing the first 7 day spotlight (on Shirobon!)
- Some heavy synth research
- Getting more mixes through for the rock sound YAWA CD cover mount
I always enjoy Kettering shows, they have this weird homely feel to them that I don’t feel at other venues. Except maybe Daventry. Anyway, it was a fun show with lots of Read more
So the tour’s over and normal life has resumed… kinda. So what is there to catch up on?
- Day 13: Day Off
- Day 14: Sheffield
- Day 15: London
Aprés la tour…
- A Cold Blur
- Hearing the first Rock Sound CD mixes for YAWA
- A Snowy Birmingham Gig
- Considerable Rachie time
- Playing a good friend’s birthday party
Day 13: Day Off
Getting stuff together, attempting vainly to maintain a Read more
So since the last tour blog, I’ve had…
- Day 8: Glasgow
- Day 9: Birmingham
- Day 10: Day Off #3
- Day 11: Leeds
- Day 12: Newcastle
Day 8: Glasgow
After the most epic drive of the tour yet (about 7 or 8 hours), we arrived in a freezing Glasgow. After finding our dressing room, we loaded in (Not a fun experience at negative temperatures) and went to grab some food.
Glasgow is a weird smelling place.
After finding a suitably dodgy kebab, I polished it off and we headed back for soundcheck, 15 minutes rest, then it was stage time (The good thing about being on first is that you don’t Read more
Touring calls for a more regimented blogging experience.
- Day 1: Manchester
- Day 2: Norwich
- Day 3: Southampton
- Day 4: Day off
- Day 5: Cardiff
- Day 6: Bristol
- Day 7: Day off #2
Day 1: Manchester
The first date of the tour had us piling into the van bright and early ready to get to the venue for 3pm, where it was our understanding we’d Read more
So, the time has come! I’m currently sitting in YAWA’s new van, writing this blog on my laptop on the table in the back. Yep, we have a table. And a microwave. But yes, let’s recap on what I’ve been up to…
- Getting ready for the tour I’m currently on
- Getting the van I’m currently on
- Making the update video for boyinaband
- Arranging a forum meetup for boyinaband
- Getting my dance mat out and kicking Rachie’s ass (Two seperate incidents)
The vast majority of my time was spent Read more
So this week was all go! I…
- Posted the 10th 7 day song on boyinaband (Psytrance this time!)
- Did some practicing of the set for the upcoming tour for YAWA
- Booked all the hotels for the tour
- Recommenced my use of GQueues
- Had Halloween funtimes with Rachie!
- Discovered it’s “Palindromic” not “Palindromatic”
So much Acid…
The Psytrance song is completed. I’ve been meaning to do this for aeons, since the dawn of time in fact. Or at least about 2 months. The response seems Read more
First things first, the title is deliberately misspelled to represent how the members of silent descent told their secrets on camera.
Second things second, this past few weeks has been mental, with…
- red bull studio time
- living in London
- culture clash club night
- staying with ogre
- interviewing silent descent
- doing most of the 7 day song on psytrance
Energetic beverages bestow aerial appendages
The studio experience has been brilliant. You can find an in depth account of our time there on the red bull bedroom jam site, but on a more personal level it was great because Read more
Yo yo yo!
I’m writing this blog in Red Bull’s studio!
Quite a lot has happened since last time I posted…
- I recieved a shiny new video production PC… which broke.
- Started writing the Psytrance 7 day song
- Did my first interview for boyinaband
- Wrote more new YAWA material than you can shake a drumstick at.
- Went to Red Bull’s studio and started recording for the CD!
The new video PC is awesome. Well, for the brief moments of use Scratch and I had on it. A few days after it was set up, it decided to blue screen of death at us when we dared attempt to load it up.
Those 60 second Read more
Not sure why I misspelled the title. Misspelled – misspelt, which is it? I think both are acceptable…
…So! coming out of the other end of the competition win has been surprisingly quiet!
However, a few things have happened/transpired
- I’ve made some MPC-tastic boyinaband videos
- I’ve planned like crazy with Rachie
- I’ve ordered a new video production PC
- Got an awesome dance mat!
- We’ve had to postpone some YAWA gigs
After changing back the site to its former music-focused appearance (as opposed to red bull bedroom jam winning-focused, of course), I’ve been working on getting some spanking Read more